Tuesday 30 April 2013

Feedback from my tutor!

I received feedback from my tutor :)

I'm pretty happy with the feedback, there was a lot of encouragement and assurance that I was on the right track - I'm really glad! There were suggestions on what I can do to improve that I extracted and rather than post the whole thing up I'll extract what I think I should work on:

  • Try techniques on a bigger scale e.g. large paintbrush to show effect of different surface textures
  • Utilise skills learnt and continue to be experimental
  • Consider looking at the works of Audrey Walker and Alice Kettle who both use stitch in their artwork, hand stitching and machine stitching respectively. From this I also feel perhaps I should explore textile artists further.
  • MORE MIXED MEDIA, not just pen and pencil. Try collage, wax resist & painting more
  • Try working larger, try out A3 size sketchbooks


So to summarise... 

BIGGER
MORE MIXED MEDIA
RESEARCH CONTEMPORARY TEXTILE ARTISTS



No comments:

Post a Comment