Sunday 24 March 2013

Packing up and Shipping out

So reasons for my little sabbatical for my course include getting married, moving out, setting up our new home and various other things to do with work and life changes. But one other reason was a silly fear of 'not doing it right'. I even had letters from the OCA saying that my student number would be amended to 'dormant' if I didn't return work NOW!!!  

I was confused because I'd read that I should be sending A1 size papers and 2kg of work... I think perhaps this is more towards the OCAs Arts courses rather than textiles. I did measure all my works weight and realised that yes, in theory I could send everything I had done so far and it would come in at under 2kg! But I contacted my tutor and said that I was confused as to what to send, and she did reiterate that it is a 'sample' of work.

So I chose around 6-8 of my favourite A3 pieces which contain my assignment work, still spanning across the course to try to be representative. I  enclosed these in blank A3 card to stop them from getting crushed.
I chose around 8-10 Sketchbook pages, again, choosing my favourites. I think I was concerned that if I were to be truly 'representative' then I should include some rubbish ones... but I'm clearly going to send the best when it comes to assessment so why under-represent myself now?!
Finally I included a sheet with my address and my learning log URL.

All bubble wrapped up...

 And now placed in the OCA provided bag. I used myHermes to send it off, It cost under £5 so I believe this is much cheaper than Royal Mail, and it got picked up from my house :)

I'm not sure if what I've done is *right*. I'll update this post later if I find out. I hope this might help other students get over any similar 'fear'!

No comments:

Post a Comment