Monday 7 May 2012

Pinterest Pins

EDIT:
Pinterest redid the way you can share, link and embed pins. I've gone through the other posts and updated the images but for this post I'm just going to say.... just go to my Pinterest page kimdebling!!! I still pin regularly under Shape & Texture, Colour and Details as well as many other boards :)



So I've started using Pinterest - my page is under Kim Debling (ahem adopting my married name early as Kimberly-Ann was already taken and I don't want to sign up with Bishopp as I won't be one soon)!

I realised all this stuff should probably be in my learning log i.e. here. I was hoping there would be some fabulous way of embedding all my recently added pins in a blog but have found I need to do it one at a time. So here goes some of the ones I love the most....

Filed in the Shape & Texture Board:

I love the birds with the details cut almost like folky patterns on a Bavarian apron.I love the layered doilies and I love the colours - especially the silhouette black.
Source: flickr.com via Kim on Pinterest


I love the masculinity of this tie whilst still being beautiful. I love the transparency and layering and the muted blue and grey colours.
Source: vandashop.com via Kim on Pinterest


I used a sample of this wallpaper as a cover when I made a hand-bound art journal a while back. It looks and feels amazing - better in real life than this picture. I think I'm having a little obsession with the shapes and patterns made by branches. I've chosen the wrong time of the year to get obsessed by it as I'm actually feeling a little sad about the leaves covering up the beauty!


Filed under Colour. These colours are amazing. I really really hope I can develop my colour work to be able to produce such lovely combinations - ones that actually make my heart flutter like these do.


This came from another OCA student Gemma Travis (I've been browsing all the blogs already) - again, I hope that I can develop the skills to produce such great work. I love the texture, the layering, the colour and the composition.


Filed under Details. I regularly visit Sharon B's blog PinTangle whenever I have a moment to absorb detail. Her embroidery inspires me so much. Especially the sampler as I love the orderliness. I especially like some of her larger sections within the sampler that go crazy with surface embellishment but in a muted way - theres great assisi work, especially one section in bone colours that I can (and do) stare at for a long time|!
Source: pintangle.com via Kim on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment