Sunday 13 May 2012

Sketchbook work

I took my sketchbook and pencils on the train into London yesterday and had a great time exploring tree representation. I'm really obsessed with trees recently! 

I ended up looking into fractals when I got home, but I think the drawn ones look better than the computer generated ones. Still, I might draw some up as vector art and have a play for a Spoonflower fabric.





I watched Breaking Dawn part 1 today and had to pause and rewind whenever I saw this artwork. I have been searching for over an hour to try to find who made this - it looks like thick fabric panels - suede/leather/painted calico? Perhaps several layers? Then either painted or overstitched with the white tree. I thought it was just beautiful and it ended up in my sketchbook too.


No comments:

Post a Comment